Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Beginning

Today is my first day of the Cowden Lyme protocol. It's an all herbal regimine for killing Lyme and coinfections. It starts with 3 days of detox herbs that continue through the 9 month program. These detox herbs help to clean out the liver, kidneys, gallbladder, even the brain and nerves. It removes all toxins and man made materials that have accumulated there. It's kinda like starting with a clean slate. So because I'm detoxing all man made materials (think- preservatives, dyes, etc), then I shouldn't add anymore in. This means super clean eating and a medicine cabinet makeover. 

It feels so good that all of the pills in my medicine sorter are supplements and vitamins!  No more antibiotics full of toxins and preservatives!  So I'm also not going to take Tylenol, ibuprofen, Benedryl, etc. 

I plan to use essential oils and all natural supplements. For example, I have been taking Benedryl for years to help me sleep. It really works. But it's also bright pink. It is bright pink!  Natural?  No. So I've switched over to melatonin and it works just as well if not better!  I also diffuse Stress Away from Young Living oils to make me get cozy and sleepy. When I get a headache, I will reach for peppermint and lavender oils. Etc. 

I will not miss my pharmaceuticals. And I will not miss my toxins. This my first day of my new beginning. The first day of my next chapter!

If someone wishes for good health, one must first ask oneself if he is ready to do away with the reasons for his illness. Only then is it possible to help him. ~ Hippocrates 

No comments:

Post a Comment