Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Homemade Probiotic Ranch Dressing

Huh?  Probiotics in your ranch?  Yeah!  Instead of those preservatives you can't pronounce and the artificial flavors. 

It. Is. Yum. 

And super healthy for your tum. 

Kefir is a fermented milk drink. You can buy it at any grocery store usually by the yogurt. It has tons of healthy bacteria (probiotics) for your gut. It is similar to yogurt, but is much more beneficial and is drinkable!  Lily looooooves it!  I buy the flavored kind for her to drink and I stick with the unsweetened plain. The plain kefir tastes a lot like buttermilk to me. That's why I wanted to make some ranch!  I've been craving it!!!  

I'm sure I'll perfect the recipe with time, but this is EASY and that is what this lay at home mom is all about. 



Kefir Ranch Dressing

1 cup plain kefir
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley flakes 
1/2 tsp onion powder (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper 

Mix it all up and eat it. It's better to let the flavors meld for 30 min, but it's ok if you can't wait. 


I think I'll try to add in some sour cream or thick yogurt to thicken it a bit. I do like runny ranch though!  This was very tasty and very very healthy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment