Sunday, February 22, 2015

Slow Down Drinking- Reach for This Bottle Instead!



Who else loves when 5 o'clock rolls around?!  Or 4?  Or it's 5 o'clock somewhere?  Or is it beer-thirty yet?!

I am a "drinking mom".  I'll admit it.  I love wine, beer, and liquor.  And all three at once.

Some days I admit I love it too much.  I have had quite a love for alcohol and the release it gives me from life for many years now.  And although I love the release it gives me, I despise the control it sometimes has over me.  I feel the need to slow down my drinking often.

Motherhood is hard dude. Life is hard. We all need a way to unwind. Every single human is united in this need. We all need a way to unwind. Some choose alcohol. Some choose yoga. Some choose aerobic exercise. Some choose sex. Some choose television. Some choose sleep. We all do it, and some of the time it's not healthy. 

And I have always veered toward the unhealthy side. It's so easy!  Pour a drink...instant relief. 

Instant relief.  That's what I need. 

Introduce essential oils. Wow. Instant relief. Hey, I don't need alcohol!!!  I just need that EASY instant relief!!!  

I can't tell you how relieved I was to know I wasn't an alcoholic!  I thought wow I really need my wine or beer. I must have a problem. 

And yes, I did have a problem. But like all problems, there is a solution. And my solution happens to be an amazing and beautiful substance that is provided to us by the earth- a God-given instant relief that so many of us need (especially mothers!!!). 

So here is my sanity recipe. As soon as I start to think about (unhealthy) drinking, I immediately take a deep breath and turn all my attention to my breath. Then, I reach for a bottle. ;). A bottle of oil!!!  

My favorite oil for grounding me when I feel the need to drink so so so bad is called Vetiver. This oil is magic for me. It's one of those oils nobody has ever heard of. I don't really even know what the heck it is. But I do know it's magic. Vetiver is magic. I sniff it. Instant relief. And if I rub it on my wrists and a touch over my heart, its beauty lasts even longer.

I am free you guys. I no longer need to search for my unhealthy vice!  I am free. 

My other favorite oils for this purpose are lavender, stress away, peppermint, frankincense, and valor.  Stress away and valor are Young Living blends. I began with their starter kit because it came with a diffuser and 10 oils and went from there.

And now I reach for a new bottle... beautiful plant love that God gave us for this very purpose.  I was divinely led to oils and they have a presence that will allow you to become free as well.  And if you want the science behind it, just ask me.  I am a see it before I believe it kind of girl, and WOWZA I see it.

So don't take a break from drinking.  You will probably go right back.  Just get control over it by trying an oil.  See if it helps you as much as it helps me.  Please email me if you need help figuring it all out or if you need a Young Living guide!

Sending mama strength & love to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment